Carole's Clutter - dog stories

Assorted doggie stories originally posted on the Beardie Bulletin board. Lots of dog owner vignettes - hope you enjoy them!

Name:
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States

Well, I'm 42 and incredibly lucky - I'm married to my best friend. Also in my life are two spoiled mutts,two younger brothers that turned out great despite our childhood battles, two great sister-in-laws, four fantastic nieces, two fun nephews, and the requisite two parents, both of whom spoil me dreadfully. I fill my time with work, playing with 'the boys' (dogs), avoiding housework, reading everything I can lay my hands on, some gardening, some minor home repairs, photographing everything that doesn't manage to escape me, and hanging out with friends and their families.

pet safe
pet safe
Free Guestbook from Bravenet Free Guestbook from Bravenet
  • Click here to go to my main photo page
  • Click here to go to my Fall Creek Falls blogpage
  • Click here to return to my Main blog page
  • Wednesday, May 19, 2004

    Baby T's arrival

    By Carole on Tuesday, January 1, 2002 - 02:43 pm:
    Baby is a rescue - his owners house caught on fire yesterday morning, and the entire family was in critical care as of noon yesterday. I need to check today's paper and see if there's any more info available. As far as I can tell he was a Christmas present for one of the children - was being kept outside, which saved his life. I looked out my kitchen window yesterday about 1:15 and saw him trying to follow some woman down the alley behind the house. I remembered seeing the kids with a puppy last Friday, put 2 and 2 together and went to save the puppy.

    Dusty is NOT HAPPY. He's not well socialized with other dogs anyway, and he keeps trying to pick him up! I do not leave them alone together at all, but am trying to convince him that a)puppy is a good thing b) puppy does NOT taste good and c) puppy is under Mom's divine protection and woe be to the Beardie that blows it! :-) I've been encouraging him to be with the puppy supervised, and allowing him to sniff all he wants, but no tasting! It doesn't help that puppy is teething and thinks Uncle Dusty's paws are giant teething toys.

    any advice out there for this situation? I think once baby is older and larger things will be ok, but this first month or so is going to be a real challenge. How is Pippin with Shelly's little ones?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home